1. Name: Scott Mayfield & Jen Fields (soon to be Mayfield)
2. What jeep(s) do you own? Yellow 2001 and Black 2004.
3.When did you join the group? Scott: Jan 2017 , Jen: March 2017.
4. Jeep names? Tonka & The Raven.
5. When did you meet each other and how did that play out? We talked for awhile and was going to meet for the first time at the 1st pink event didn't happen that day. We ended up meeting not to long after that. Our first date was at the Jeep Junkies 1st birthday. What a fun night that was. Memories that will last a lifetime were made with some of the greatest friends we could ever imagine having in our lives. Must have went well we're getting married in July.
6. What’s one of the coolest memories you have as a jeep junkie? Jen: I remember how excited I was to find the Jeep Junkie card on my windshield. Started going to the meetings for the PINK ride and I was hooked. The first Pink ride. My daughter rode with me and my son was in his jeep. Even with the rain and me making a rookie mistake (forgot to pull the drain plugs) we had the best time.
7. What is something that people might not know about you? Jen: I'm a twin.. My brother may have gotten the good looks BUT I got the Jeep.. Scott: I'm an open book. Hunting, fishing, jeeping, boating and Jen make life great.
8. What’s your pet peeve with jeeps or jeep people? Jen: That mine breaks down so often. Also that some Jeepers put down others for not taking their Jeep out wheeling. Not everyone is comfortable doing it because they never have and well others can not afford to have things break.
9. What does being a Jeep Junkie mean to you? To us it is friends that have turned into family. That when one of us is down there are people there to help pick you up. That when the world is so crazy we can rally in short notice to make a kids birthday better because parties were not allowed. Lining the road with our Jeeps to honor a fellow jeeper who left this world too soon. We are a big amazing family. We all have alot to learn from each other. From beginners to expert off roaders. The best part is you can ask questions and get a multitude of answers. If your stuck someone will pull you out. If you break your rig wheeling there will be a bunch of Jeeps around you trying to help. It all stems from the love of Jeeps.
10: Best part of dating someone who owns their own Jeep? They won't ask to drive yours!
January Junkies Spotlight : Jackie Chastain
1. Name: Jackie Chastain
4. How did you get started wheeling?
Jackie: I was invited to join a club out of Indy and saw them going out on these awesome wheeling trips and it just looked like so much fun. A friend asked me to join them one day and I was hooked.
5. What's one of the coolest memories you have out of all your trips and adventures?
Jackie: Every trip I go on brings new memories and friends. I have met people from all over the United States through Jeeping. One moment I was on Top of the World in Moab and last weekend I was broke down and nearly helpless in Hollerwood....but good friends and complete strangers got me out
6. What's something most of your Jeep friends wouldn't know about you?
Jackie: My dad died at the young age of 46, so as John Bon Jovi sang... It's my life It's now or never I ain't gonna live forever I just want to live while I'm alive
7. Name some of the places you have been Wheeling/Road tripping?
Jackie: From East to West and far North. Rausch Creek PA, Burning Rock WV, Drummond Island MI, Moab UT, Ouray CO, Windrock TN, Rush KY, Dirty Turtle, Slade KY, Red Bird & Badlands.
8. What's your favorite Jeep mod on your current Jeep?
The 2020 just got those Rockslide steps....so you know the lift will be going on soon.
9. What's your pet peeve with Jeeps or Jeep People?
Jackie: I'm gonna catch some flack for this one, I don't name my jeeps.
10. What's your favorite part of the Jeep Junkies?
Jackie: Jeep Junkies are just an awesome group of people that are some of the most giving people I have met. When the boss calls for help....everyone chips in.
Jackie: Jeep people come from all walks of life, some wheel their jeeps, some show their jeeps, some just like to drive around in their jeeps but chances are you stop and talk to anyone with a jeep and you have a new friend. About like when I showed up to wheel with some Jeep Junkies the first time at Redbird several years ago....they looked at me like oh great she's coming...LOL I have been close friends to everyone of those guys ever since.